Forest City Hawaii has completed the largest utility-scale solar photovoltaic project on
The 1.23-megawatt project, comprised of more than 4,300 solar panels installed by Hoku
Solar, marks the fourth utility-scale solar facility that Forest City Hawaii has completed
on the island, making it one of the largest renewable-energy developers and owners in the
Forest City celebrated the completion of the Pearl City Peninsula solar energy facility with
an official "flip the switch" ceremony and Hawaiian blessing Monday. The facility will
provide solar power to between 150 and 250 homes.
U.S. Sen. Daniel K. Inouye, represented by Chief of Staff Jennifer Sabas, praised the
project's vision, and Gov. Neil Abercrombie commended the project for advancing Hawaii's
Other utility-scale solar projects owned and operated by Forest City Hawaii include Kapolei
Sustainable Energy Park (1.18 megawatts), Twelker Solar Farm (0.60 megawatts) in West Oahu
and Phan Solar Farm (0.57 megawatts) in West Oahu.
Two additional utility-scale solar projects are scheduled to be completed in West Oahu by
the end of this year.
- Solar Electric Energy System Design and Installation
- Solar Panel Sales & Installation
- Design Build electrical service
- Tenant space construction and remodeling
- Electric Car Charger Installation
- Main building electrical services
- Installation and repair of fire alarm systems
- Standby generators installation
- Preventative maintenance of electrical services
- Troubleshooting circuits on existing electrical designs
Call 808-988-WIRE (9473) Today
All Mitsubishi Electric modules have a 25-year power output warranty and are manufactured in an ISO 14001 certified factory. We use only 100% lead-free solder in our modules, which can be installed in nearly any environment ─ even next to saltwater.